You know those days when you *need* chocolate, but you can't get to a store and would rather satisfy your sweet tooth without dumping harmful processed sugars into your body? Those days are the worst. Or....are they the best? With these simple and healthy ingredients, you can whip up chocolatey goodness that your body will actually thank you for.
- 1 can Coconut cream
- 2 Avocadoes
- Raw cacao - to taste (you can use cocoa, but it is more processed and thus doesn't have the same amount of health benefits as its raw form)
- Salt - to taste
- Maple syrup or other sugar alternative - to taste (go for Grade B for less processed and more nutrient-dense syrup)
- Garnish options: cinnamon, nutmeg, berries/fruit, cacao nibs, nuts, seeds
- Blend everything! I recommend gradually adding in the "to taste" ingredients and checking between blend rounds.
- For flavor and consistency, create a 2:1 coconut to avocado ratio.
- If you have coconut milk instead of cream, then place your can in the fridge for at least an hour, then scrape the thickest part off of the top of the can.
- This will have the consistency of pudding if enjoyed immediately. For a mousse consistency, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.